Ways to learn
- Be a smartie and subscribe to the weekly newsletter Kitchen Lights
- Look below for some articles about streamlining your meal planning and eating less processed food
- Use one of my templates to get better at planning meals
- In-person classes and workshops in Vancouver (Canada)
- Participate in the Vegan Pantry Challenge
- Get ready to cook your next 5,000 meals with our online program
- My stream of kitchen tips on Instagram (not usually pretty but pretty useful)
- Register to be the first to download my upcoming ebook The Busy Parents’ Guide to Feeding Your Family More Veggies and Whole Foods
Articles and videos
Let's talk about child labor. The good kind. Every May and June throughout my childhood, from 7 years old or so, I was awoken by my mom at 5 in the morning. My brother, my dad and I would head out for the sandy field with our sharp knives to cut asparagus. We'd walk...read more
Quit eating from a package: three easy homemade vegan staples to get you started cooking from scratch
Whether you are trying to avoid allergens or additives, making your own staples from scratch at home is a great way to gain more control over what goes into your body. But forgoing the convenience of ready-made items has a cost: it takes time. On the flip side, it...read more
Picture a Wednesday night. You just got home after a big day. Your preschooler is clamoring for a snack and you wouldn't mind one yourself. You think you should really get on with cooking that roasted cauliflower and chickpea salad you pinned for tonight instead. As...read more
The goal of a pantry challenge is not to find out how many days or weeks your family can last on a year-old bottle of ketchup and a bag of pearl barley. It's a learning experience. If you invest a little bit of time upfront, and commit to cooking mindfully, you will...read more
Just like many other vegans with families, I prefer renting a cabin or condo when going on vacation. That way, I have a full kitchen to prepare our meals instead of depending on dubious (and expensive!) restaurant fare. In this video filmed on premises in Hawaii, I...read more
I have not yet met a vegan parent who didn't worry (at least one teeny bit!) about their kids' intake of precious nutrients. Are you concerned about iron and calcium since ditching meat and dairy? Does your mother-in-law say that your children won't get enough...read more
Also featured in these fine online publications…
10 ways to ease the transition for late-blooming vegans with families. Published on The Minimalist Vegan.
6 vegan hacks that will effortlessly up your cooking game. Published on Peaceful Dumpling.
Plan to stick to your ethics: Meal planning for new vegans. Guest post on Veggie Savvy.
Satisfy “hangry” kids with 7 healthy and plant-based snacks. Published on Yoyomama.